Oxford Wood Recycling Ltd
Oxon OX14 5JX
Environmental Policy Statement
Commitment – The company is committed to achieving the highest standards of environmental performance and recognises its corporate responsibility to the environment. The company acknowledges that its operations have a direct and indirect environmental impact and aims to minimise that impact and operate in an environmentally responsible manner.
Scope – This statement applies to all premises and activities within the company’s control. The company will develop, implement and continuously review an environmental management system, consistent with local operating conditions and legislation.
General Policy – This statement reflects the company’s intention to provide and maintain an environmentally sustainable management system.
Although the standards established by national legislation will apply as a minimum, the company will always strive to achieve best practice in the local context of every location in which it operates.
Statement of Principles
We will, so far as is reasonably practicable:
- comply with all applicable environmental legal requirements, and other relevant requirements which may be imposed from time to time
- ensure environmental risks are properly identified, prioritised and managed in an appropriate and timely way
- establish sound environmental management policies and promote best practice
- review the actual and potential environmental impacts of the company’s activities, including those affecting the local community
- manage its operations in ways that are environmentally sustainable and economically feasible, by making efficient and environmentally responsible use of energy and water and exploiting opportunities to maximise efficiency
- minimise environmental impact and reduce or, where practicable, prevent pollution.
- minimise waste production by reducing consumption and developing effective waste management and recycling procedures
- collaborate with key suppliers to promote environmentally responsible procurement of goods and services
- monitor actively results and audit policies and practices to ensure the firm meets its policy goals
- recognise the legitimate interest that all its stakeholders, including clients, shareholders and employees have in its environmental performance and communicate openly within the company and to the outside community
- strive for continual improvement in environmental performance through setting objectives and targets and developing key performance indicators
- identify and manage key risks and have arrangements in place to respond to all foreseeable incidents and emergencies
- involve employees and contractors in our environmental programmes and provide training to enable them to discharge their responsibilities