Oxford Wood Recycling takes the rights of all users and visitors to the website seriously. Whilst OWR is exempt from registering with Information Commissioner’s Office, as a not-for-profit organisation, all information collected by users who register will be held in compliance with the Data Protection Act (1998)
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to our work and/or offers we promote
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand you and provide you with better information; in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our promotions and services.
- We will periodically send promotional information about our work, the latest events, products which help support our business, special offers or other facts which we think you may find interesting using the contact information which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
What are cookies
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Cookies used on the OWR website
Like many websites we use Google Analytics to collect information about how our website is used including the number of visitors, the pages visited and where visitors came from. This information helps us to improve our website.
Google Analytics collects information in an anonymous form so no individuals are identified.
We embed Youtube videos using its ‘privacy-enhanced mode’. This restricts YouTube’s ability to set cookies until the video is played.
YouTube may still set cookies on your computer after you click the video player, but YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information.
Blocking or removing cookies
Most browsers allow you to control the setting of cookies. For more information see your browsers help function or visit aboutcookies.org
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Use the statutory opt-out option on any email communication
- Received a direct marketing communication, write to Oxford Wood Recycling 4 Suffolk Way, Abingdon, OX14 5JX or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt-out or change your details
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Oxford Wood Recycling, 4 Suffolk Way, Abingdon, OX14 5JX.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or you wish us to remove your details from our records, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.