Got some wood at home? Go to Domestic Wood Waste Collections.
Business and construction industry Wood Waste Collections.
Using a loose wood collection is significantly more cost effective than a skip, usually saving 40% or more. We collect off-cuts, plywood, chipboard, demolition wood, pallets and crates – if in doubt please call. Our collections are a valuable contributor towards the Considerate Constructors and BREEAM Energy Efficiency goals. The construction industry presently sends 60% of its waste wood to landfill, increasing CO2 and (more harmful) methane emissions. We’re here to help reduce this.
Our prompt, professional and competitive collection service is available to all businesses and homes across Oxfordshire and surrounding areas. Waste wood is stacked intelligently on to our 12 yd3 vans, minimising voids to maximise the volume removed.
We aim to resell, reuse or recycle all the wood we collect. We sell the wood to the local community and businesses. This supports our social mission and reduces the demand for virgin wood, imports, shipping and transport.
Due to our licence we cannot accept deliveries at our premises.
Call today for a collection. T: 01235 861228
What do our customers think?
“Top class! Worked with you guys for a number of years. always recommend you” Matt, Site Manager, Keir Construction, Harwell.
“Very happy with the service” – Rudy, Site Manager, Simons Construction, Bicester.
“Couldn’t be happier! Very happy with Rob who will always show up on time. Always able to book collections when needed”. Ian, Site Manager, Taylor Wimpey, Andover.
Is it cheaper than a skip?
- We’re significantly more economical than skips. Plus we pack much more in than throwing wood into a skip. Our vans are 12 yd3; the wood is stacked intelligently to minimise voids to maximise volume removed. We’ve well trained, helpful staff with all the appropriate PPE and training.
What happens to the waste?
- Approximately 75% of our waste is sent for chipping, for which we pay a gate fee. This material will largely be used to fuel wood or waste fired power stations. What we don’t send for chipping we recover, clean up and offer for sale at our warehouse in Abingdon. We are registered with the Environment Agency and hold a Waste Carriers Licence.
We supply a waste audit with every invoice.
Do you take wood with nails?
- We take all woody materials, with nails or painted. This includes plywood, sterling board and MDF.
Do you collect from near me?
- We cover all of Oxfordshire, most of West Berkshire, Basingstoke, West Swindon and Aylesbury. We also work as part of a network of wood recyclers covering the whole of the UK and co-ordinated through NCWRP in Brighton.
How much notice do you need?
- We would normally collect within 48 hours, but often same day or next day.
What’s different from ordering a skip?
- We provide a timely loose collection of wood-based waste from a demarcated area (e.g. Heras fenced or a yard).
Isn’t that messy? My Site Managers hate a mess
- We collect as often as you need, just like a skip lorry – although our trucks are smaller and you won’t need a skip licence for the street.
Do you only collect from building sites?
- We do collect from construction sites, but also from general businesses and from domestic addresses too.
We’re dedicated to providing job opportunities to local people who have been marginalized from the labour market. They might have a disability or have just fallen out of work and been unemployed for a while. We aren’t funded to do this, we just think it’s a good thing to do, and we’re able to make a difference.
Call today for a Collection. T: 01235 861228
Click here for our brochure OWR Waste Services
“It’s very good. 100% behind it and so is the company ”.
Eddie. Site Manager Westgate Shopping Centre.
“Very happy with the service your guys are providing”.
Jenny Mortimore, Site Manager Abingdon & Witney College.
Dawnus Construction Ltd.
“They were superb – would use again”
Ian Gordon, Site Manager.
“They turned up early and took everything. I recommend you guys as much as I can”.
James Dance. Site Manager.
“Very happy with the service. Only one day the lads got stuck in traffic the other side of Witney. They called and said they’d struggle to get here that day and could they come tomorrow….which was fine….and they did. Very impressed”.
Graham Littlejohn. Site Manager.
“Well stacked, very happy with the loading”.
Mark Gulliver. Site Manager.
“Very good service – good for the environment and good for recycling”.
Phil larkin. Site Manager.